Do you want the opportunity to help grow true leaders in your community by empowering young people with leadership, citizenship, and life skills? Sign up to become a Marion County 4-H Volunteer! Volunteer opportunities are flexible to fit your availability, skill set, and interests. You will help a kid discover a 4-H project. You could launch a career. The return on your investment is something that money can't buy.
Kansas 4-H uses the screening process described below to help ensure a safe learning environment for our 4-H members. It is a State 4-H requirement that all Volunteers complete this process in order to be a Club or Project Leader.
Volunteers are required to renew their background checks after 3 years of volunteer service. Volunteers will be contacted with information about this process.
- Fill out this preliminary application and return it to our office. Click here to access the form.
- Create an account on our database and complete the online orientation by watching the video sessions. Create an account at 4H Online. Need help? Read these 4-H Online Volunteer Orientation Training Instructions.
- Let’s chat! We want to find a volunteer opportunity that best suites you, your availability and interests, so we will conduct a short interview.
- We are committed to ensuring that all of our youth are subject to safe learning environments. To do this, we require our volunteers to complete two background checks (Kansas Child Abuse and Neglect Registry and National Criminal Background Check). Information about how to complete these will be sent to applicants at this stage.
- The Executive Board will then review your file.
Once these steps have been completed, it’s time to start making a difference!
IF the full volunteer screening process was completed last year...
Please complete this annual Volunteer Renewal Form and turn into the extension office by November 15.
If you are a Club or Project Leader, click here for more information.