Do you want the opportunity to help grow true leaders in your community by empowering young people with leadership, citizenship, and life skills? Sign up to become a Marion County 4-H Volunteer! Volunteer opportunities are flexible to fit your availability, skill set, and interests. You could help a 4-H'er discover a new project. You could launch a career. The return on your investment is something that money can't buy.
Kansas 4-H uses the screening process described below to help ensure a safe learning environment for our 4-H members. It is a State 4-H requirement that all Volunteers complete this process in order to be a Club or Project Leader.
Adult Kansas 4-H Volunteer Applicant Steps
- Complete the Kansas 4-H Volunteer Orientation available through 4HOnline.
- Let's chat! After completing the 4HOnline Volunteer Orientation, notify the Extension Office. We want to find a volunteer opportunity that best suites you, your availability and interests, so we will conduct a short interview.
- Upon completing the interview, we will provide information for the required online background check.
- The Executive Board will then review your file.
- Now, it’s time to start making a difference!
Volunteers are required to renew their volunteer commitments annually through the 4HOnline system. Background checks will need to be renewed every three years.
To view the Kansas State 4-H Office Volunteer Screening Resources page, click here.
If you are a Club or Project Leader, click here for more information.